Sunday, October 31, 2004

Just Stuff and Hi Anna!

Decided I better blog before B evicts me from the blog.
A great big HELLO to Anna! (Brace yourself for this ride - we're all crazy in our own way!)
Not much new to report since the return from our trip. Had a bad lightening storm the other night and one of the new calves got struck and died. Was very sad, especially when her mommy stood by her and cried and bawled all day until we took her away and buried her. (Yes - people here think we are nuts for burying our cows, but they are pets to us.)We've been very lucky in that this is the first calf or cow we've lost, but I still told Darrel I don't want any more. He told me I will just have to suffer and get used to the idea that these kinds of things happen. (A big raspberry to him!)
Was supposed to watch the 3 demon seed children this weekend, but it was hubby's weekend to work and I refused to watch them by myself. I'm sure this totally negated any good kharma I've accumulated, but I know my limitations and have been very good lately about being vocal about them.
Preparing for Janelle, Cj, and Jaden McKenzie to arrive on Thursday for a 5 day visit. Preparing basically means sleeping as much as possible until they arrive and actually getting food in the house.
Keeping finger and toes crossed for Mishy's meeting tomorrow, and wishing Lydia good luck in her new venture. Doris - are you out there? Slip Brent a mickey so you can have the computer for a while.
By the way - Happy Halloween everyone and be sure to VOTE on Tuesday!!! Darrel and I will be voted, in essence just to cancel each other's votes out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home