Friday, May 12, 2006

More magic

God always gives me what I need. Many times simply what I want and I am continually amazed at the way that the fulfillment of my desires unfold and that is not really magic but simply divine. I see glimpses of the future in my dreams but do not know what I am seeing until after it has transpired and it isn't usually very exciting. I think that this is some cosmic gift that everyone posesses but few will admit to. I'm not sure what category this falls into but from time to time I experience beautiful things and they feel like magic. I don't know why I carry around so much baggage from my past. I suppose that we all do. Recently I have been asking God to let each day be new, to allow me not to drag previous negativity into it as is sometimes (alot of the time) my habit. I don't know how to convey to a reader my definition of beauty as I am a rather poor descriptive writer but here is my definition of a beautiful experience.
I used cringe when I heard the name Lois. When I was five years old for a brief period I lived with my father and his girlfriend. A slender young blonde girl named Lois. She was physically beautiful but a very mean person who didn't realize that when she won out over my mother that she would be stuck raising her five and three year old. To be honest with you I do not remember her doing a thing for us, not even the basic things that you would do for an animal such as feeding us when my father was not around. Mostly I remember her screaming at us, and telling us we were bad. I would tell her not to yell at my brother because he was just a baby. Then she would scream that if I didn't want her to yell at him then I needed to make sure he didn't mess anything up. So I kept him out of trouble the best I could, but she was still a bitch to him. When I was at school I would worry about what she might be doing to him. That's just a little taste of the misery associated with that name, and no matter how I tried to not to think of her whenever I would hear the name Lois those scary five year old feelings would appear. Now I know all of this doesn't sound very magic or beautiful but here is how God helped me with this one.

Lindy ran into the house with something in her hand grey and covered with furry down. It was a baby dove. The wind had blown away their nest and some neighborhood kids were hurting them. My Lindy isn't very agressive believe it or not so she just took the one that wasn't hurt yet and ran to her Mommy. By the time I got out there the others were dead. Please help it Mommy my daughter begged. I wanted to but did not believe that I could really. I've never raised a baby bird so Lindy and I decided to take it to Brenda, a lover and rescuer of all things wild. Brenda didn't answer her door so we left her a note. She called us and said that at the moment she was up to her neck in orphans and abandoned pets, she did give me the number of someone else. No name just a number. So I called the number and did not know who to ask for, I introduced myself and explained the situation asking if she knew how I could care for this little creature. So soon I was driving to her house at 9 oclock at night. She opened the door for us and I recognized her, but I do not know from where. Within minutes she was working her magic on the baby bird. She fed it with a dropper but the way she did it looked so easy and natural. She did it with such love. We stayed an hour but we could have stayed all night talking with her. She was such a beautiful soul. So open, loving, kind. She taught us how to care for baby doves and what to feed them just in case we wanted to take care of one, should we ever find another one. I will call her this afternoon to check on our foundling and to thank her again. On the way home lastnight I kept thinking of what an angel she was. This will all make sense when I mention that her name is Lois. All day long, I've been thinking of Lois and sending her my love and when I hear the name Lois I'm sure that I will think of no one but her. Thank you God.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

MOst Excellent Blog Lydia Keep it up

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home