Monday, January 24, 2011

Leaves


I try to transform my thoughts into written word, and I’m almost there but not quite. A sentence or two escapes and then I haven’t anything else to say and it’s not that there is a lack of moving, memorable moments in my life it is just that right now, writing is a lot harder for me. I cannot ever remember a time when I have been at a loss for words but it seems that is where I am right now. This is just the way it is for me at the moment.
The leaves this fall were lovely, I wish that I would have photographed them. Usually all I get to see of them are yellow dead hanging limp on branches, or the dry brown ones rolling by me on the pavement or dancing in the wind. This year we had an autumn and to me it was glorious, reds, wine, peach, fiery oranges it was a treat for my eyes. Most of the leaves are gone now but there is a small tree, I imagine it’s a maple but I don’t know a lot about trees. It has beautiful deep red leaves. I am glad every time I drive by it. Leaves make me happy, after they have fallen I love to watch the wind scoop them up and carry them away.

2 Comments:

Blogger Yang said...

Ying - I sure know what you mean. The leaves are one of the top 3 things I miss most about New England. Right up there with the coast line and fresh sea food. Fall is the time of year when I yearn to be back there the most.
Thanks for sharing your lovely thoughts. You know the rules here - they don't have to be coherent, but you did a fine job!
I love you!
Yang

8:58 AM  
Blogger Mishy said...

It may not have been coherent but I understood it perfectly and I thought it was lovely

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home