Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Anyways, There I am waiting for this to be over, watching bad movies in the waiting room of a clinic I never hoped to see with my daughter and the nex moment, I am going to be a grandmother. Now this is not such a bad thing other than the fact that I have volunteered to babysit for free for the next 8 years while she gets her law degree and her masters. We are a family of homeschoolers so I don't even get to send the kid to school. I don't mind babysitting but she just moved out and this was the first year in the last 22 that the hubby and I were childless. I was thinking more about things like wild afternoon sex than Diapers and bottlefeeding. I like babies and I would much rather a pregnancy than say a major crime and jail time but I still find it sad that she will not get to truly have a life of her own with out children and concerns for a little while.

She was warned that the women in my family get pregnant looking at boys wrong and she still didn't listen. I told her just to concentrate on school and ignore boys and she didn't listen. The obsession teenage girls have with boys astounds me. I remember it well having become pregnant at 15 because of it. But looking back now at the ripe old age of 39 I have to wonder if it isn't a cruel joke played by God or he just knew that if he did not program our teenage years to be crazy rutting with stupid boys who aren't even worth having sex with then the species would not survive at all. I wouldn't trade my children or my life and I love them all but teenagers don't understand what they are giving up by allowing themselves to become pregnant or how many years of bad sex they have ahead of them. I have to give my daughter some credit she was on the pill and trying not to become pregnant but she is now a living statistic and as much as I dislike the religious right in their severe rightest leanings, It is true that the only real way to avoid pregnancy is not to have sex...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home