Thursday, February 26, 2004

Welcome back world!

No internet for two days! AHHHH! One would think I actually did something useful with it, the way I carried on and on about my internet connection not working! Well, at least it was worth making the tech guy at Kanokla laugh when while I was discussing the problem with him I discovered I had knocked the phone line out of the DSL modem!! I felt stupid, but he enjoyed it. It's always good to make someone smile once a day.
Not much news on my end. Getting ready for my trip to TX next week and other than that just "floating." Still in that "drifting," unproductive state of mind I've been in for weeks. Hope spring arrives soon and wipes it away!
Kenzie had her 6 months check up yesterday and all seems well except they are still watching the malformed portion of her skull closely. Doctor really doesn't want to put a helmet on her, as it would have to stay on for 6-9 months for 22-23 hours a day. Also, Janelle and the kids would have to stay in Texas while Drew moved on to Kansas, as the helmet has to be adjusted every 2 weeks to allow for head growth. Right now he doesn't feel the problem is bad enough to warrant that and the OT and PT type of things Janelle is doing with her seem to be at least keeping it from getting any worse. Cj is a pistol, as always - 3 and 1/2 going on 10 most days. Janelle called this a.m. worried that his imaginery friend was getting out of hand. He was in his room playing with "Christopher Robin" (his other imaginery friend is "John") and actually had a loud verbal arguement with him! I, of course, thought this was hysterical, but anal retentive mom was worried.
Have decided if Digger is not doing better when I return from Texas, I will probably have to put him down. He will be 15 this June, and I've had him since he was 6 weeks old, (longer than I've ever kept a husband!) so it will be like losing a family member. But, the poor old guy has wasted away from 125 pounds down to 70 lbs. and is miserable all the time. I keep worrying that I'm inclined to do it for selfish reasons (loss of all bowel and bladder control has made every morning a chore - cleaning up the laundry room area we lock him up in at night), but then I wonder if I'm letting my own guilt keep him suffering.
Well, I guess a sad and morbid note is as good as any to close on!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home