Saturday, July 10, 2004

Loan Girl

Not often one to try and strike up bargains with God as this is futile. Some times I think that I know a little bit about God's plan for my existence and at other times I'm just waiting for directions. I know that I don't always please God (free will and all). I don't know that God cares about many of the unimportant details. I think that God just loves us for who we are. I think that God has a sense of humor and some times does things to be funny or to just make our lives interesting. A few days ago I was making snide remarks to Kelly for not watching the children the one time I asked him to do so that I could study for my loan officer licensing exam. I was trying to mentally prepare him for the blame that I was preparing to place on him when I failed the test. Undeserved blame of course because I had plenty of opportunities to study that I chose to blog, play on the internet, pluck my eyebrows etc. I waited so long to study because I am a procrastinator and am always underestimating the amount of time that it will take to do things. So a few nights ago I get my little books out and make very lame attempts to study every chance I got. I mainly looked at all the things that I had highlighted during class even as I was really not sure why I highlighted these things. So this morning before I took the test I laughed at myself told God that if I passed this test it really must mean that I'm suppose to be a loan officer because it would take some act of God for me to get a passing grade. I took the test and there were many things on it that I was not familiar with. I go through it as quick as I can and I finished the two hour test in 40 minutes. Not a good sign! I asked the proctors when I could retake the test. That's when they informed me that I passed! I felt a combination of glee and shock. Which is really a funny feeling. I never thought that passing this test would please me so much. So I don't really know if God gives a hoot about this but I'm going to really try to make this work. Kelly said that he knew that I would pass. I don't know if he was just being sweet or if he really believes in me more than I believe in myself. So tonight Kelly and I are going to temporarily break our diet somewhat and have a really good meal and of course I will have a few drinks as well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

Congratulations Loan Girl
We all knew you could do it

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home