Saturday, March 19, 2005

In a made for TV movie about your life, who would you want to play you?

Hello all! I've spent the last six weeks or so celebrating my unemployment and doing all things domestic. Beating children, potty training children, spending Kelly's money on eBay. Yesterday Cristal and I walked from her pretty brick house to the a nearby park. It was a monumental excursion for us mommies. The highlights of the outing included the big pink ball getting blown by the wind into the duck pond and all of the children screaming,"Oh no... Not the ball, my ball!" Tears were shed but the ball was retrieved and had about a pound of muck and duck crap on it. While Cristal was extracting the ball from the scummy moat a goose mistook Lindseys strawberry shortcake hat for a yummy and bit her sweet little hand trying to take it from her. Lindsey would not let go of the hat though. Cristal looked at me and asked what she should do with the ball. I told her to rub it on the grass. I did not think that this would really do an efficient job of poo removal but Cristal looked hilarious rubbing that giant ball on the grass trying not to get it all over her. Really you just had to be there for that one. Finally Cristal busted out the baby wipes and after all that effort no one even played with the damn ball. We just hauled it around. Cristal and I took turns swinging the wee ones and then Cristal nursed Ethan while everyone played on the slide. Pure excitement, Ranger really dug it. He can climb like a monkey! Each time he got to the top of the slide, I would chant Go Rangy go! Then I had to do the same chat for all the other kids. After a while I felt as if I was going to loose my voice. Ranger skin was getting a bit pink in spite of the slathering of sunscreen so I announced that the party was over. Some where in the world an albino woman is missing her child, I'm sure of it. Of course we actually left the park about twenty minutes after the announcement. While we were walking Cristal's casa I began wishing that we had driven to the park. It is pretty hard to push a stroller with an almost four year old hanging on it and trying to carry a humongous pink ball at the same time. When we got back to Cristal's lil Kel whacked me in the face with one of Cristals decorative items, some sharp metal bird house thing. I may be scarred for life. I asked why he did it and he said because Cristal made mommy a cool Winnie the pooh out fit and he wanted one too. Cristal gave me a band aid and lil Kel later apologized and kissed my boo boo. This would be after daddy gave him a spanking. Daddy comes home around six o'clock each evening now and still has every other week off. Which is way cool with me. I'm not even sick of him yet. We went out to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant and then went and got frozen yogurt. I'm feeling pretty well adjusted at the moment, I've even picked up a new hobby. Inspired by a beaded bracelet made by Cristal's sister I am now making beaded jewelry. I even made Cristal a bracelet with polymer beads made with my own hands. I thought it came out kind of homespun but Cristal liked it. After I am finished with this blog my big adventure for the day will be to Sun Harvest to buy chicken breasts so I can try Mishy's recipe. It sounds uncomplicated enough for me.
Mish, I don't know if the parenting class that you took was the same one mandated by the court that I took here, but I too found it incredibly helpful. I wish that my ex would have gotten something out of it as well. I think that had I not taken that class I might have put some of my own interests and agenda's before my children feelings. It is so tempting to say things(very true things) about their father, especially when he does what he can to marr my image in their eyes but, I do not. My children are pretty quick, I feel that they will ultimately see things the way that they are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home