Friday, November 04, 2005

Amazing changes

Well...I am feeling differently the past couple days. Turns out my property is worth enough for them to loan me a substantial amount of money ($$$$MORTGAGE$$$$) and it is SO weird to sign a loan document with JUST my name on it...(where is the "co-borrower"???? why is that section BLANK???)...and also weird to sign/send everything via fax/email and end up finding a notary nearby to help with final paperwork...so I will never actually see my loan officer lady in person. I do, however, want to send her a raku pot....she really helped me a tremendous amount. She said to wait til the closing though, which should happen in the next week or so...YIPPEEE!

Turns out Mr Lowe never signed the quit claim deed, which was stipulated in the divorce decree to happen within 30 days of the divorce decree (3/18/05), and if it did not happen, then my attorney has the right to sign the quit claim in Gary's stead. I decided to ask Gary to sign, to help avoid attorney costs, and he had to argue about how I need to give him his $10,000 now...if I am refinancing. I told him that I can't afford to do that now...I was given three years to *try* to 'refinance' and pay him, and at five years I *had* to refinance and pay him. But nowhere did it say that if I refinance BEFORE three years, I would have to pay him then...it's only been eight months...!!! So, he realized that he has to sign, or my attorney will, and he agreed to meet me to sign the quit claim this afternoon.

Sigh...another good step towards the future...this property is my retirement!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home