Saturday, April 29, 2006

Packing my dogs lunch

I wake up at 4:30 am each morning to make my darling husband a lunch which usually includes a sandwich. Yes Brandy I could make the lunch the night before but I am up making coffee anyway and a fresher sandwich tastes better. Yes I could buy a coffee pot with a timer, but I do not have a robot to pour the coffee so it would almost defeat the purpose. Yes he could pour his own damn coffee but then he would not feel loved. Well the lunches are really just in case he is actually working and gets hungry. More than half of the time there is real freshly cooked food in the vicinity and he eats that instead. Doesn't give the sandwich away. Doesn't throw it away. Doesn't feed it to the dog when he gets home, he just leaves it in his lunch box. I usually give the meat to the dog and dispose of the rest. Well my dog is getting a bit rotund so lunch meat,taquitos or chicken salad is no longer part of his diet. As I was throwing out the sandwich today it finally dawned on me that all this time I've been waking up at four in the morning to make sandwiches and cook for my dog. Not that I mind doing this for my dog. He is certainly more appreciative of my efforts. However I am certain that he would not require me to wake up so early to do this. Perhaps I should start packing Kelly things that I think that the dog might enjoy, of course these lunches would have to fall within the guidelines of the dogs diet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yang said...

I want a picture of Kelly's face when he opens his lunch box and it is filled with Milkbones and Snausages.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home