Monday, July 24, 2006

I Have A Dream - I Wish

Lydia's dream life is so much more fun than my real life that I'm jealous. Actually, I'm not jealous because of my real life. I like my real life. But I'd really like a more interesting dream life. I used to dream very vividly and in technicolor (that was before CGI, for all you under 50s). Now I rarely remember dreaming at all and when I do it's of things like picking my nose in public. Is that an age thing or a "the creative juices have dried up and withered away" thing?
This thought and a conversation I am currently having on Yahoo with Lydia made my mind wander to all the "dreams" that fell by the wayside. I wonder where they go? Do they just wither and die or are they released into the universe to wander until they find another soul they feel worthy of the dream? Are they sad and lonely when you let go of them or do they accept it and move on? (B - this of course has led me to a book idea. But, I digress . . . )
Thinking of all the forgotten dreams has made me a bit melancholy. (Okay - 3 large glasses of wine probably helped.) However, I wonder what dreams others have let fall by the wayside. Anyone want to share?
I'll start, because Goddess knows I have no secrets and everyone knows much more than they ever wanted to know about me 10 minutes after we meet.
Space - for as long as I can remember I wanted to go to distant stars and planets. Even before I was old enough to read science fiction, it's all I thought about. Okay - almost 50, fat, not in great health - I think that one can be crossed off the list.
The novel of the decade - the one that touched and moved people. Okay - this one hasn't exactly gone away, it's just evolved. I'd be happy to write something that made 10 people laugh or escape reality for as long as it took to read it.
I do have one other, but it's about to become a reality and I don't want to jinx it, so I'll wait until it actually happens and then share it.
That's all I can think of at this point, but I'm sure I'll think of others.
Your turn! You're it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home