Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My life is a country music song

We have a strange relationship he and I. He claims he loves me but is unwilling to spend any amount of time in my presence. It is odd and at times even hurtful. I don't know what to make of this really. Today he has chosen to go get bitten up by mosquitos outside mowing the lawn at a vacant house during the hottest part of the day,when it is not a pressing issue. I asked why he wanted to do that, he said that he just wanted to. I told him I could get it done cheaply and deduct it from our previous tenants deposit but when it came right down to it he just wanted to do something. He could be outside mowing the jungle in our own yard but I guess the something that he wanted to do would not involve anything around here. Last night he was sitting at the table with Ranger and Ranger spilled his chocolate milk. Kelly looked over at me and said, asked if I saw what happened. I said yes I did, Ranger spilled his drink. I knew he was waiting for me to rush over their and clean it up but I did not. I was in the living room and he was right there. So he goes and gets a kitchen towel and it appears that he is going to clean it up, and I'm feeling kind of proud that he is actually doing something for his son. So later I notice a towel stuck to the floor because he had just thrown the towel over the spilled milk. I asked him why he didn't clean it up, and reminded him that I spent two hours scrubbing the floor a couple of days ago. Then he said that he goes to work and doesn't feel like he should be required to do anything else. This is the usual point where I would laugh but instead I just got teary eyed. My inner bitch is apparently depressed because all I want to do is cry lately. I've been doing some small improvements around the house. I have stopped waiting for him to get around to it. I am capable of doing a lot of things myself and can get help if I need to. I have no partner. I have a job, I am likened to a paid employee. I have an expense account. My duties would be cooking, cleaning, childcare, property management, personal secretary, sex (maybe that's a perk) but a job requirement none the less. We don't talk about anything that is not related to my duties and that to is limited.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yang said...

Proposed title of said song, "My Husband Is My Boss I Don't Cry Over Spilt Milk"

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home