Monday, August 28, 2006

Lydia's Bossy!

Lydia says I have to blog because I am bored and the Dish Network repairman is here and I have run out of "make busy" things to do and all I really want to do is plop on the couch.
He has been here over 2 hours and when he got here I was missing 4 channels that would no longer come in. Now I have NO channels and he's spoken to the "experts" on the phone and he says they are all stumped. If he wasn't 100 years old I would be getting mad. Instead, I gave him a cold bottle of water when he began to look peaked around the edges.
Let's see - what's new in my corner of the world that I can bore everyone to death with? We are converting our "cattle ranch" into a "goat farm" and that has kept us busy. (Lots of boring details I won't go into.)
We are leaving on vacation the end of next month and I'm excited. Except today one of the guys where Darrel works quit so there's a chance Darrel won't be able to go. Of course, all the tickets and reservations I've bought/made are nonrefundable, so I guess I will be going alone, if that happens.
I was practically bedridden for about 2 months, but am feeling much better now after giving in to the doctor and letting him give me crappy prescription meds. Hate that kind of stuff and if it wasn't for the vacation coming up, I would have still refused.
Stepson is AWOL from the army.
Granddaughter turned 3 last week and called me today to tell me she has some money and she is going to buy a baby turkey with it and she ". . . will be very, very gentle with it, Nana, cause you have to be very gentle or you will hurt them and they will peck you." (I have no clue why a baby turkey is the thing she wants to buy.)
Grandson started 1st grade last week and he's growing up way too damned fast.
Daughter, her hubby, and the 2 kids are moving to SW Oklahoma in the next couple of months. They won't be much farther from me than the are now (about 4 hours) so it's not going to be a big change. However, the place they bought has an extra house on it, so now I get to stay in the Grandma House when I visit. Yippppeeeeee!
The old Dish man has gone outside again and doesn't seem to be returning. I guess I better go check on him. I hate rotting bodies in the yard. The dog always drags the parts everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home