Wednesday, November 14, 2007

To Lil Kel From Kenzie Via Yang

Dear Mr. Lil Kel,
This was not directed to you, but I felt I should share it, as it is a similiar, yet different, take on the "are books a need or a want" issue.
This morning I was conversing with Ms. Jaden McKenzie Leann Marr (apparently having the most names make you the most right, or at least makes you think you are) and when I inquired as to her plans for the day, she informed me that she was going to the "lie-berry" to get some books. We then discussed how books are absolutely one of the greatest things in the world. She concurs, however, she had this to say on the issue:
"Nana, you buy books. That is not smart. Books just suck all your money out of you. You should go to the lie-berry and get some and read them and then take them back. Then you have more money to buy stuff."
So, I think the final answer is that yes, books are a need. However, they are not a need that you should spend money on. (Unless of course, it is an extra very special book that you want to have, to hold, and to read time and time again!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home