Saturday, March 15, 2008

Creative Writing 101

As far as the technical mechanics of the written English language L probably has got it down at least as well as I. That isn't saying much but it is a start for an 11 year old. She has to take the writing part of the TAKS test next year and it is apparent that she is not going to learn how to write in school. Technically yes but in order to score well they expect a bit more. She is having a problem with finding her writing voice, she is way to critical of herself. She has asked for my assistance, why I do not know. I have never had a problem with writing, my writing is not often good but I don't seem to have a problem with that. I am fine with my vague mediocrity. I have read some of her writing and it is not bad, she is just not a comfortable writer. So this summer we are going to work on our writing together. I may post some of our assignments here so stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home