Monday, January 03, 2011

Awaken by my own laughter

I've been sleeping like crap lately, I keep giving myself lots of plausible explanations for this. Some times it is the headaches and other times it is just a mind filled to the brim with thoughts. Thoughts of the day, of all the yesterdays. The movie in my mind on rewind, play, pause. I finally got to sleep and as I felt myself drifting off into a peaceful slumber I awoke to the sound of my own laughter.Which was not at all unpleasant. At first I thought that it was someone else's voice and not my own.
It was December 2, and April and I were walking out into the hospital parking lot. We were carting off a whole bunch of Brandy's stuff from her hospital room right after she was moved to ICU. As we were packing up we were amazed at how much stuff she had in there. A security guard pulled up and asked us if we wanted a ride, and we took him up on the offer. I think that we were both physically and emotionally exhausted. We were sitting on the back of a golf cart and April accidentally let go of the cart that was connected to our golf cart train via her hands. We both sort of watched it roll away for a few seconds before we acknowledged it. We both laughed like it was the funniest thing in the world. Then the security guard who was obviously having fun chauffeuring us around the parking lot took the scenic route to April's car and we laughed about that too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yang said...

The symbolism in this is so obvious that I'm not even going to point it out.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home