Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Oooh The insanity

The first week of the month is always a bitch and I am sorry I haven't written more. Everyday I think of things I would like to write but by the time I get to it the day is over and all I want to do is land face first in my bed. This last week has been a bear. The first of the month is always our busiest as everyone pays for their units on the first. Makes it very hectic but it does make the rest of the month much calmer so I guess it is a fair trade. It is all they can do until they computerize at any rate. Besides being swamped life has been one thing after another this week. Fuel pump on the truck died, bought a new fuel pump. ($270.00) for a piece of plastic that barely weighs a pound including the box. And thanks to some stupid genius it is located in the gas tank so it takes hours to replace and generally must be sent to the shop unless you have all the specialized tools and an urge to see if you can blow yourself up off the gas fumes. To make matters worse it still doesn't work mechanic thinks maybe it is the computer drivers or some such thing. I love computers but they don't belong in cars. I miss 20.00 mechanical fuel pumps that took 20 minutes to change. We are thinking older precomputer cars for our next purchase that classic camero is cheap to repair in comparison to any of the cars they now have on the road.

To top that off my hampster died yesterday. She was almost 2 1/2 years old which is getting to the end of hampster life span but I still find it sad. She waited until I took her out of the cage to die. I guess she wanted to be held and petted. Of course now I feel guilty that maybe I handled her wrong or something but not as guilty as I would have felt if she had died alone. And yes I cried . I am almost forty and still cry over hampsters.

Children are doing well, April is getting bigger and we have been teasing her relentlessly. You have to have some fun as a parent. Her and the boy are getting along well and they are now well established in their new home and seem happy which is a relief. Josh is Josh, my speed racer also doing well. I miss him, the visit last month wasn't near long enough.

Strange thoughts I have had in the last week. If you were to be made into a vampire and assuming that you stayed the same after your making as the moment you were bitten, what age would you want to be when you became undead? Also in this vein are there misfit vampires. People who were bitten the first night after a bad perm. Or right after a bar fight where you had lost your teeth. That would have to be annoying but I guess they could get false fangs but it just wouldn't be the same. Those polite vampires who are always apologizing while they suck your life away. Les says misfit vampires wouldn't last long because the strong vamp would kill them. I told him in my world the vamps are politically correct and have laws against harming underprivileged vampires and other assorted misfit fairy folk. Can you think of times you wouldn't want to be made a vampire? I think misfit vamps have a place in the world of the smoking police and Joe and the Unicorn. Will post smoking police tonight. Silly story written after being given 5 words to write from. I think dona was smoking or quitting at the time.

Favorite web site this week if you are poor. Turbo Tax Freedom site. If you qualify (basically by being young or poor) you can do your taxes electronically for free. Takes about 10 days for the money to hit your account. Have used it for 3 years now and it works great. Will blog it separately in a moment.

I need to get started writing again so I am taking 5 word and 1 sentence requests from anyone who would like to make them. You send me the words and I will write a story just you. Has anyone else noticed that Blogger does not have th4e word blog in its spell check. A little strange don't ya think.

Will talk again tomorrow and hopefully will have the truck back running and hopefully not costing an arm and a leg.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home