Thursday, April 29, 2004

Lets start with food - White Trash Gourmet Chicken

Love this meal, current favorite at both my house and my daughters. Little effort but great food

Ingredients: Chicken- I prefer Boneless white meat chicken tenders, (mainly because no one else but me in the family will eat any meat with bones)(yes they are really spoiled) but wings and other cheaper versions of chicken can be used. - Schlotsky's Sauce purchased from Schlotsky's Sandwich Sauce (spelling may be wrong) Other Cayenne Pepper sauces may also be used. Honey, Butter - Use real butter anything else just makes it cheaper and it will not be as good. Frozen French Fries - I use the large cut steak fries but whatever you choose will be fine. And last but not least Cheese - lots and lots of cheese. I use a colby-jack mix but any will do.

Instrux - Melt butter in pan big enough to hold how ever much chicken you are cooking. I use 1/2 a stick for a small batch - a full stick for larger batches. Needs to have lots of butter you want it to be saucy. Brown chicken in butter until it is nice and golden and cooked. (I use the giant bags of frozen tenders , I prefer the chicken to be almost shredded but I am too lazy to cut it up and I throw them in frozen then after they have browned and cooked I beat them to death with the edge of a spatula cutting them into little pieces. ) If using wings or other chicken with bones omit the beating to death part.

Once chicken is started, cook your french fries so that they will actually be done at the same time chicken is. Follow directions on bag. I bake the fries as my an attempt to offset the butter. You only need one good fat source in a meal and butter tastes better than oil.

Once chicken is cooked pour Pepper sauce over the top (lots of sauce, straight from the bottle, again you want it drippy.) Next squirt honey into the pan and mix it all together. The wimpier your family is the moe honey you will want to use to offset the spice. I use very little but then I am a a fire breathing dragon.

When the french fries are cooked arrange nicely (I prefer a mounded star pattern with the ends sticking out from under the chicken) on plate cover with a generous portion of the shredded chicken, smother in cheese. Pop in the microwave for a few seconds to melt it all together and serve plate by plate.

Meal takes maybe 20 minutes to cook and tastes great

I prefer to eat the mess with my fingers and adding some sort of dipping sauce. Both ranch and blue cheese dipping sauces work well and can be purchased at the store or begged from the local wing shop if you know one that has a sauce you like. I always get extra sauces when I eat somewhere for future use in my own cooking.

My favorite additions to this mix are portabello mushrooms and onions but it depends on who is eating it and what I have in the house.

Try not to clutter it with veggies, that makes it way to healthy and it doesn't taste near as good. As long as you bake the fries the butter is the only really bad thing in it. Cheese doesn't count as cheese is one of those foods of the gods and should be used liberally, just ask atkins(Its a protein man, really). Sauce is basically non-fat until you start dipping

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home