Monday, April 26, 2004

Another Letter from A Male Friend

As a outsider, not really knowing any of you, I find the stimulation very intriguing. Having lived in scenic southern Utah ( spelt ewetah for us here locals) or behind the "ZION" curtain for us gentiles, I have lacked the necessary "input" to stimulate my intellect. To read all your stories from the "heart" hit me exactly there, right in the heart. The talk of "soul mates", the don't care about what you can't change philosophy, all right on the money truthful & just sound advice !! Some stuff could even be appreciated by "me", a MAN !! But, "I'm" NOT your typical man or american . This has been known to "me" since I was a child. "I" knew that my path in life would be hard and lonely. A man filled with anger toward the world, a world "He" could NOT change. A world that Didn't Care, about itself or "one" another. Thank god (for lack of a better word, since I'm an atheist) that spiritual growth does exist !! I have come a long way in these last few months, about what is dear & important to/for "me". And that's just plain old life. It's such a thrill to just "ENJOY"each day. To be "thankful" for our friends and the one's that surround us with "Love". For "me", a MAN, to feel soo much compassion toward "Nature" and "Life" - to know that my dog, Sister Cera Sue, my beautiful Siberian Husky, that's "smarter than most men", LOVES me unconditionally, and is my joy, i feel blessed @ times . And Brandy, do you believe in the "Power of the Planets"? Cuz there's been some VERY powerful things happening in my life since the alignment !! "I'm" starting to believe in "something"!! I wouldn't exactly call it "fate", but when one applies themselves to "directing" their life, HOW fast the picture can CHANGE !! WOW, life can be soo intense and excilerating(spelling!?) . I guess the "KEY",
the key, is all in the "perspective". From day one, "my" perspective has ALWAYS collided with your typical - I "HATE" typical, thus mediocrity !! Thus "capitalism", or ANY other controlling/manipulative person, organization, values or morals. Just because it may be a MAJORITY, that does make them "Right", right ? Well, what's a man to do ? Being an angry young man does NOT work. I think John Lennon said it best, "LOVE", and I believe him. For "our" species, we are the ONLY ones that can take it to it's truly "profound" levels. Yes, other species understand loss. I'll never forget the scream of my siamese cat when she found her dead buddy Samson, Delilah screamed an eerie cry and took off into the woods for most of the day. She moaped for days over her loss, as did I . When I lost my 151/2 yr. old australian shepherd in March of 2002, he died in my arms, he took his last breathes. I never experienced SUCH great loss. Sure, I lost my grandparents to old age, but never loss like this - THIS was different !!! I had Nemo San since
he was 8 wks. old and he went everywhere with me. He was my BEST friend and sidekick. He now has a monument that is quite large marking his grave. A "special" place with a special view. One can see the summit of Brian Head, Little Creek Peak, the Tushar mts., Little Salt Lake, and petroglyphs across the wash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home