Sunday, July 11, 2004

Homes and Insecurity

How to make money and help people at the same time. Affordable, safe, clean, housing for low income people. This is exciting! After church we drove around looking at what some people actually have to live in this town and we discovered after calling the slum lords pretending to be potential tenants that people are paying from 350 - 500 dollars to live in one bedroom sub standard housing. It was hardly believable. How do they live with themselves? I just don't know. Kelly and I have actually manage to put our brains together and come up with a scheme pleasing to both of us. The real estate investors market is tough in this town it seems to be a rich persons game. We are not rich! Not even sort of. We are rich in ways that are not monetary. I couldn't really get excited about real estate until now. We are going to be successful because we are good people. We are not greedy pigs. I like pigs personally, they are very intelligent creatures but they tend to consume a lot,lay around and wallow in mud. While laying around and wallowing in the mud are not bad. I'm not a fan of excess consumption. Feel free to remind me of these things when I am filthy stinking rich.

When Lydia is rich she will

donate houses to homeless families

build Headstart centers

travel with her family (a lot)

may have cosmetic surgery

Can't think of any other good things at the moment.
I'm going to look at a four bedroom house with an efficiency apt. Tomorrow morning.
It is in a neighborhood that desperately needs renewal. Here's an observation and well probably more like a judgment- I blame real estate investors for a large amount of the decline in property values in certain areas of this city. I can't find my digital camera but I think that I am going to buy a new one and take pictures of these places and talk to the tenants and create some sort of web-site. Will need B's help with this of course as I am a compuchallenged person. I think it would have good educational value as well as be interesting on a human level. Not that I don't have anything else to do with my time. Maybe I should start volunteering at the HUD office. When I'm rich I will volunteer more. Most places have a minimum age to volunteer. Lindy can't wait until she is old enough to volunteer with me. It really is a shame because children are most interested in things while they are young. When she is older she may not care about these things anymore. I could be wrong. I'm having a tough time with my two oldest. Lindy and Blaze seem to have grown away from me. Maybe this is normal but it sure does feel like shit. I am afraid that their dad is brainwashing them by the little not so subtle things that he says about me. I tell my children that I love them each day and I certainly try to show them this. I feel insecure where their love for me is concerned. I know that it is party time at their dad's house. I am not the most stable person in the whole world but I try very hard to give my children stability and things that they can depend on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brandy said...

At the Stock Exchange where I used to work thay had a saying.

"Bears Make Money, Bulls Make Money
Pigs get slaughtered.

Always thought it was rather fitting

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home