Friday, August 20, 2004

Bam! Groovy mural and Plumbers butt (no just plumbing)

Hello Doris it's always nice to have more bloggers here as some of us that shall remain nameless are too busy with living to blog on a semi regular basis. I am blogging by default tonight. I tried to go to bed at eight as all the kids were by some great miracle asleep but the phone kept ringing and I kept getting up as I was hoping that it was Kelly on the other end of the line. Today was suppose to be a blissfull art day. Cristal came over yesterday and painted a really big awesome sun on my living room wall and I just watched in awe as she painted. It was such a pleasure to watch the bold creation unfold. I also enjoyed talking with her and getting to know her better. I woke up this morning and was looking so forward to another day of watching Cristal paint in my house but my morning started out with a few fumbles and I allowed stress over trivial matters to rob me of another day of bliss. I woke up this morning and was feeling in rare form very proud of myself for my maternal accomplishments. Decided to drive by and check to make sure that one of the houses was ready for our new tenants. Goofy boy did not have his few simple tasks completed and I was annoyed by this. Goofy boy as in the same one involved in the roof mistake yet we still continue to trust him. Actually he's earned my divulging his name. His name is Rob. So as I'm pulling out of the driveway thinking about goofy Robs incompetence and paying no attention what so ever to anything else. Bam! Hit a parked truck as I was backing up. I got out to survey the damage and was greeted by the owner of the vehicles brother. I immediately offered my apologies and insurance info. I was about to head towards the casa as it was milk time for Ranger when the very pissed of Mexican father comes out and tells me that he wants to call the police. I told him that I saw no need but that this was fine. So the police come and issued me a citation for backing when unsafe and the truck I hit got a ticket for being parked illegally. This really did not please the father but it made me giggle (inside at least). I could tell the guy who's truck I hit was thinking thanks a lot Dad! His car got a little dent and he got ticketed too! Poor guy. It hadn't been but a few hours when my new tenants called to tell me that the city turned off their water due to a water leak that was our responsibility. Of course I'm not only seeing dollar signs but I am also stressing because our tenants have no water. So these are the things that I allowed to ruin my day. So Cristal came and added more life to my living room and I did not even get to enjoy it. Lindy's summer reading teacher came over to get the reading program back and she didn't even comment on the fact that a beautiful pregnant lady was painting a wild mural in my living room. Cristal and I thought this was bizarre. You just have to see this. Maybe I'll have a party to unveil this groovy art in my home. All this is trivial. New tenants had a relative that is a plumber and the bill was relatively painless. I met them at the house to write the plumber a check and some of their relatives were there and they all went crazy over the Ranger man's cool blue eyes. I don't know how I managed to give birth to such stunning children. It's a mystery.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of Plumber's butt, check out the Plumberpants Clothing Co. at www.plumberpants.com.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home