Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Hairspray, Cristal, and Tenants From Outerspace

Not wanting to steal Dona's laziest blogger title I have decided to squeeze this blog in between children and laundry and various other titles,duties, tasks what have you. We women wear so many hats. Figuratively speaking, since I don't wear many actual hats though. They feel funny on my head, foreign and odd like those too tight braids that my mother would skillfully weave into my hair that left me looking Asian. I say that my hair style is what my husband favors but in reality it is my rebellion against the perfect do. Each night my mother required that I rolled my hair in pink foam curlers before I slept. Apparently she was not a fan of straight hair. There was always plenty of hairspray in my mother's house. I am very proud of the fact that hairspray is a biannual purchase in my home. I never run out but it does sort of thicken and evaporate or the children lose the nozzle to the spray.

I invited a friend to blog with us, sent her an invite and it she said there was an error and she couldn't get to our blog. Maybe I did something wrong. Okay Brandy her name is Cristal but since she spells it with an I you shouldn't have any bad luck with her. She is an artist, mother, and a very nice person. Example of her niceness. She continues to make an effort to be my friend even though I have declined many invitations to socialize.

Tenants from Outerspace. The boy is supposedly done with the roof. Kelly paid him over twice the agreed upon price because he needed the money. Hopefully he will take this money and pay the rent. The girl was growing on me. Though I shouldn't really be calling her the girl as she is just a few years younger than me and has a son Lindy's age. I paid her to get the paint off the floor at one of the houses and she asked if it was the one Kelly had shown them. I told her that I was surprised they did not take that one because it had more room and she then told me that she really liked the house but couldn't live next door to black people. I was pretty damn shocked when I heard that. I am glad that she did not share these sentiments with me before she signed the lease. Part of my new minimum criteria for tenants is that they must not be a prejudice asshole. This is probably a violation of the Fair Housing Act. The girl isn't an asshole, but she's definitely prejudice and I guess a lot of people are. Brandy might be prejudiced against people named Crystal. I might be prejudiced against people that keep birds in cages. I think that they are secretly mean, or secretly selfish. If I had wings I would not want to live in a cage. Does my Beta really care that he lives in a bowl in my living room rather than in his natural Beta habitat. I just don't know. Maybe he regards me as his captor. Maybe he think I'm God. I have a sore throat. I think that I have strep again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home