Friday, August 13, 2004

Roof, Revelations, and Martha

Ordering a Pizza in 2008 could happen but I think it will be more like 2018. Just wait till you have to have your number tattooed to your body to obtain the basic necessities. Read the bible it's in revelations. On to more trivial matters. Roofs! Here's a sad story for you or funny depending how you look at it. I myself laughed about this one because I have a warped sense of humor. Our new tenant was supposed to finish putting felt on the roof after Kelly ended his day but he decided to cut out early also. Guess he figured he could wake up early and do it and Kelly would be none the wiser. Except for that pesky rain that took the ceiling of 1\3 of the house! Kelly didn't murder him for this. I suggested that he pay the boy by the hour for the work he had done and that he pay a professional to finish the job, the suggestion was considered but not taken. As Kelly put it the boy needs the money (probably to pay the rent!) Well we need competence but we aren't getting it. I've been quiet because I have no immediate complaints. Laundry is backed up but I don't really care and will get help with that soon. I'm feeling pretty wonderful at the moment re-energized and happy to be alive. I'm drinking caffeine again. I think that I should just succumb to that addiction. I had a horrible migraine headache yesterday. My eyes started freaking like some hallucinogenic flashback and it was pretty groovy until the throbbing evil pain started! I have these headaches occasionally. They are no fun, really cannot pin point the trigger. I'm thinking that it had something to do with the demolished house. I met a lovely woman yesterday and had probably the biggest Dejavu experience of my life. Grandad Hop called a week ago and asked if I would like some books that were his mothers. I said sure even though he described them like they were encyclopedia's and I thought to myself great just what I need more obsolete information. I said sure (that gracious thing again) and because I thought they might have some historical Nolen family value. Hop says that they are at his ex-wife Martha's house and that we will have to pick them up. I imagined Martha to be some grey haired old woman that might give us cookies or something like that. I'm placing Martha's age at about early seventies. Martha is fabulous! We knocked on her door and the first thing that I noticed was the tile around her door, it was lavender and they had cool suns on them. Her door had a stained glass phoenix on it. Martha did not have any cookies but she had some very cool art! Mexican clay pieces and a whole bunch of paintings with bright funky colors. Her hair was dark and her lipstick was perfect and she was just delightful. She might be about as far left as you can get. In the short hour I spent wit her I learned so much about her life and convictions and I honestly could have stayed their all day but the Ranger man was teething and not a happy camper. I just could not get over the feeling that I knew her somehow. She was sitting in a wicker chair talking and I was distracted by a Matisse print that was above her chair and here comes the Dejavu part. I imagined that the woman in the painting was her and I imagined that while traveling someone had come across this painting and made this remark to her. Well I interrupted the conversation by blurting out, Martha did you know that the woman in the painting looks exactly like you. She then told me the story about spending ten days in Paris and someone digging that print out of a bin and making that same remark. Really it was as if I saw all this unfold first hand and it was pretty magical. Martha is pretty magical, I don't quite know how she ever ended up married to old Hop Nolen. She told me they divorced for political reasons. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the encyclopedia's were actually some classic literature by great authors. Martha also gave little Kel Noly a big paper bag full of children's books that were her grandchildrens who our now grown as well as an old violin. I can't wait to visit her again. She mentioned the two of us going to Paris. I swear I would abandon my children for a week for that. I noticed that one of the tiles on her porch was loose I may call and offer to fix it. Kelly said that I would love her but I thought that was just a figure of speech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home