Monday, January 03, 2005

Happy New Year - Things I am thankful for

I am thankful that I am not pregnant and living in Thailand
"AID FOR NEXT GENERATION:

There are at least 150,000 pregnant women in tsunami-hit areas who may face complications, including trauma-induced miscarriage, and need urgent medical and nutritional support, said the U.N. population agency (UNFPA).

'Over 50,000 women within the affected communities will give birth in the next three months,' said UNFPA in a statement.

'The damage to health facilities and loss of basic delivery care supplies has jeopardized their chances to deliver under clean and safe circumstances,' it said.

The UNFPA was supplying $3 million for basic maternity and hygiene kits for women, which will include soap for washing hands, a piece of plastic sheeting to lay on the ground, a clean razor blade for cutting the umbilical cord, a piece of string for tying it, and a cloth to wrap the baby in."

Definately not a good time - My prayers go out to all of them


I am Thankful that even in the path of death, Life dreams on

A Boy Named Tsunami


I am Thankful for Activist Judges - Especialy ones who protect me from Bush
"Rehnquist Defends 'Activist Judges"
:

I am thankful I live in a country where the trash gets picked up and that I was no where near TImes Square last night
"Fifty tons of confetti later, Bloomberg thanks sanitation crew":

I am thankful I live in a country that is still going where no man has gone before
"Kennedy Space Center soon will have the missing piece it needs to assemble a space shuttle for launch this spring.":

I am thankful I am not Anna Nicole Smith
Anna Nicole Smith Stripped Of $88 Million Fortune:

I am Thankful that I live in a world where miracles happen daily
KRT Wire | 01/01/2005 | Human rabies survivor returns home a month early:


-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home