Sunday, March 27, 2005

A vacation In Galveston Texas & Oh There you are Lydia

Okay I admit I have been bad bad bad, but then so has everybody else but Mishy. Lydia are you still alive. Did Kelly Read the blog and bar you from the computer? Was hoping we would hear from you more often, not less after you quit the evil job. We miss you and all your stories. Of course it took me so long to finish this blog that Lydia was found and other than the permanent scarring left by her child seems to be alive and well.

I have been bad because I have been busy busy busy, Lots of new and exciting things happening in my life. We are opening another U-Stor here in Corpus this will be number three. For all of you looking for Storage in Corpus we have some great deals for you. For our Grand Opening we are offering 15.00 for the 1st month on all Unit sizes at all three locations. The new one is located at 6001 McArdle. We will also be having a huge Grand Opening sometime in April, with ribbon cutting contest and more. Stay tuned for details. Usually this would mean little to me since I run one of my own but This month I was also given a promotion making me Area Manager so now everything is my problem which is kinda cool. Not that I needed more to do but you know me a sucker for punishment and a control freak besides. The other news is that April will be taking over the new store with Michael I am very excited for them. NOw they get to stay home with baby and April will have more time to study for college since she will have access to her computer all day instead of putting in 40 hours somewhere else. I have to admit as companies go to work for U-Stor is one of the best and I am unbelievably happy at the moment. There are definately worse things to be. Plus they gave us new computers and software which will make life much easier and faster when dealing with the paperwork involved.

Update Store has opened send all your friends. both the McArdle Store and the staples location are doing $15.00 move ins for any size. Get your storage now. Reclaim those closets and recover lost space.


Last week (3 weeks ago now)they finally forced me to take a vacation, Since I had April and Michael here to run the store once they were done training. It was hard leaving after a year and 1/2 I have become very attached to my store. Yes its the obsessive control thing but I like it. However after getting four hours away the store started slipping from my mind and once I hit the Private Jacuzzi. SO I had a great time which is what this blog is actually all about. So Enough with work lets get on with the vacation.

After a few bank snafus, mainly Paypals incredibly long time in posting bank transfer the money was in place and I was set to travel. We loaded up the truck and headed off confidant that it would run since it just had a new fuel pump put in almost a year to the day from the last time I had it replaced.

We decided to go the shore route and drive up the coast to view the pretty scenery. Unfortunately it was raining by the time we were 30 miles from town and by the time we were 40 it was pouring. Trapped behind people who couldn't drive in the rain, (This includes most everybody in S. Texas) we diced when the ocean starting lapping over the bridges we were driving on that it was probably the better part valor to go West. So we drove to the real Highway and continued on. The road was empty and the trip was fine until we reached Edna where some unfortunate soul flipped their car on the highway into oncoming traffic which caused a semi to drive off the road and end up in the ditch miraculously still standing though only barely. After leaving the traffic jam we were once again traveling happily drinking coffee and talking about things besides work (A novel concept at times) HIt the outskirts of HOuston which I have never seen and LEs hadn't seen in 30 years apparently there has been some building going on but then you don't get to be the 4th largest city by standing still. We avoided HOuston all together and turned back on to the smaller highway to get to Galveston. Everything was going great until we reached the bridge to to croos over to the island, as we were pulling on to 45 at the last entrance to the island the truck started coughing and decided to run out of gas. According to the guage we still had 1/4 of a tank but apparently not. We managed to avoid the entrance ramp and through repeated limping and dying managed to get to the turn around and headed back to the gas stations. We didn't make it. Thank God for AllState Motor Club, After only 45 minutes A friendly man from Texas City arrived with gas. Back on our way with a new and fuller tank of gas we finally made it over the bridge and too Galveston. Only 2 hours later than our planned arrival time.

For Lodging we chose
Galveston Bed and Breakfast Hotels-Mermaid and Dolphin Inn, Galveston's Luxury Inn with a Tropical Laid-Back Island Attitude! Hotel Lodging Accommodations Bed and Breakfast, Galveston Texas:

The Place was great and I would recommend it to anyone. The best part of course was the jacuzzi(I want One)

For pictures of the room and my review of the accomodations Click below
Galveston Vacation The Mermaid And The Dolphin Inn

I was very impressed with Galveston as a whole, it was clean and they have done some major restoraion of their historical strand Distict. For pictures of Pretty buildings Click Below.

Galveston Strand Historical Shopping District

Other Links for things to see and do in Galveston

The Strand Galveston, Texas

Galveston Historical Foundation HOME

Places we visited and ate.

The Best place we went was the Texas Seaport Museum

Our pics of The Elissa

didn't make it to the Railroad Museum or the peanut butter factory or Moodys Garden or the Bishops Palace which just means I will have to go back again

We did spend one afternoon at The Johnson Space Center in Nasa, Texas. I sat in the same chairs as the yupitty ups when those fateful words "Houston I have a problem" were spoken unfortunately that was the highlight of visiting NASA. This was a place I wanted to visit so badly and was so dissapointed. The main themepark type center they have built for kids is great if you are 2-12 years. Wasn't impressed with anything they offered for the grown up. With all the new security cautions in plaace they don't let you see much. Very sad and yet another way the terrorists have won.

I was going to do more with restaurant reviews etc.. nbut it has now been too long and I don't remember all those cute things I was going to say. Oh Well suffice it to say a good time was had by all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home