Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Kids, Husbands, Dogs, and Other Aliens....

Gee - your lives all seem so full. Maybe not full of good things all the time, but still full. We spent our holiday weekend at Fort Riley, and had an overall good time, but was one of those times when I felt split and divided. Cj needed my full and undivided, as did Keegan and Darrel. So, I ended up feeling as if I gave NO ONE what they needed and deserved. (Okay - this is the old Italian/Irish/Catholic upbringing rearing its ugly head, but sometimes even when I know that's what is happening, I still can't keep it at bay.)
B - good luck with your newest "project" - you're the best with these sort of situation and I sometimes just shake my head and marvel at your patience. I'm a bitch, as I could never do the things you do. My first question would be,"Are they both working?" Waitressing, pumping gas, anything.
I've decided to make this the longest draft in blog history. Maybe someday I'll finish it and actually make it a real post. Worked today and tonight, but it was my last day. The bar officially closed (permanently - at least under my sister's ownership) at 11:00 tonight. Am relieved, but now will scramble to find some way to earn my "mad money."

This one is from July of 2004 - The only notations I have to make about this draft are 1.) I seem to have come a very long way in beating the "Italian/Irish/Catholic upbringing" about the head until it's too sore to rear said ugly head very often. Which is simply a way to say I've moved forward on my path to becoming the crankiest, meanest, bitchiest, most selfish old lady alive. 2.) So much for grand dreams of making this the longest draft in blog history. I'll have to aspire to something less grand. 3.) I've now taken care of all my drafts, B - do I get a gold star??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home