Monday, June 12, 2006

Its a dogs life

A nice lady in the recycle group gave me a little fish tank for Lindy, she offered me a kitten also which I declined. Even though I really wanted to put a couple in my pocket and take them home. They were so adorable! I resisted the urge, thankfully. Kelly would not have been very appreciative of my new treasures. As I was standing in her yard talking to her, a beautiful black and red standard size Dachshund bounded out. I'll take him home I said. Then about a week later she brought him to my house and now he is part of our family. His name is Bruiser and he and Lindy are the best of friends. He worships her, she leads the parade and he follows. They are inseperable, except for when he hangs out with me and Rebs when Lindy is at her Dads. He is not particularly well behaved or disciplined, and has several bad habits but we will work with him and give him the love and attention he deserves. It is funny to watch Rebel try and discipline Bruiser, for disobeying me. Mainly because Rebel is quite a bit smaller than him. When Lindy is gone Bruiser sleeps with Rebel in his bed near my own. When Kelly leaves for work Rebel takes Kelly's spot on the bed. Rebel has figure out how to jump off the bed when he detects Kelly. Rebel really does not shed so the only evidence is the little warm spot on the bed.
Kelly probably knows that Rebel is doing this but as long as Rebel pretends to respect his wishes he is ok with it. They have a pretty good relationship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home