Friday, July 28, 2006

Santana and other stuff

I got the MH here too, cute little thing....Talking with Brandy today she said I should blog, and I know she is right, so here I am. Smiley's doing rigging for the Santana gig today, and I found out I get to go to the "out" and see them, standing backstage wearing black, trying to look invisible. I'm jazzed about that. Life is amazingly complicated still...with me...so sometimes I guess I get overwhelmed and don't really know what to blab about.

A couple weeks ago, I went back to Nebraska to visit family, took my daughters and we drove up in my truck. Bought a camper shell off craig's list, got a good deal and it worked well for us. Trip was fairly easy, visit went well, even though mom is dealing with cancer and related medical headaches...we drove down to Arkansas, at the end of the trip, to visit my youngest sister, took my mom and my nephew with us, they were planning on driving back up after the visit and we would head home. But, on our last day of visiting, my middle sister in Omaha found out she had a brain tumor the size of a large plum in the back of her head and that she would need surgery. We all freaked out, naturally, and everyone headed back to Nebraska with mom, except for Leesie and me, since I had to work here after being gone for two weeks. I figured I would fly back up after the surgery if things got worse, which thankfully, they did not. Sister rebounded amazingly from surgery, astounding doctors and family by going karaokeing on Saturday after brain surgery on Tuesday. She is still doing well.

My youngest, Aliya, asked to stay, when the news hit, and plans were being made. It worked out that she was able to stay and help my mom and my sister, and do some bonding, after Leesie and I took off back to Phoenix. They all seemed to really enjoy having her there, and I think she really liked it too. Circumstances are such that Gary and his new gf were driving up to Omaha to pick up gf's daughter (Aliya's age), so they were able get her at the same time and bring her back here. Aliya turned 13 last Saturday...my youngest is a teenager...and Jett turns 21 tomorrow...my oldest becoming an adult...sort of...

News came in that said gf and Gary rented a big house together, and will have Leesie, Aliya and her three kids living there (she has a 16 yo son, 13 yo daughter, 11 yo son). Sounds rather zoo-like to me, guess that is a matter of perspective! The girls seem to be looking forward to it, they seem to like his gf (Mary). It will be interesting to see it play out, however that is. The thought of it makes me appreciate my quiet little life here.

My longtime girlfriend from Geneva Switzerland is coming for a three week visit, she arrives on Monday (also my sweetie's 50th birthday). She is bringing her 17 yo daughter, have not seen them for fourteen years, I need to brush up on my French....

Enough for now...blog on! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home