Monday, August 28, 2006

Corpus Christi Restaurant Review - Landrys Seafood house

Landry's Seafood house

Went out to the boat today because I was craving their Mahi Mahi with Pontchatrain Sauce and it was excellent. As good as I remembered from last time I was there. But unfortunately the hubbys hamburger was burnt crispy on both sides. He did order it medium well but wasn't thrilled with burst and it took them 45 minutes to get it to the table so eat just ate it rather than complain.

While my food was excellent the ambiance has fallen off. We got there around three, And the place was empty just like I like it. When we walked through the door the waitress asked us if we were there for happy hour and we said no we were there cause no one else was.

You would think, at least I would that this generally means you want a little privacy. Unfortunately the waitress, (did I mention that she had troll hair. Just like mine if I brush it after its fry and stick it up over my head. Controlled better would have been more attractive and sanitary) did not take the hint and 15 minutes later when the 2nd couple came in she sat them right next to us. It was dumb and brainless, and we were forced to listen to stupid chatter. Things like he had to explain to her what an appetizer was and his love of cough syrup because it had alchohol in it. Yes they were both at least early to mid twenties it was a bad national lampoon moment. Not at all the quiet private lunch I envisioned.

BY the time we left there were still only us, them and one family in the restaurant.

Note to waitresses, if people are coming in at 3pm and specifically tell you they are there because no one else is try and keep at least one table between them and the next customer if possible.

also don't hover. Picking up my plate the minute I set the fork down makes me want to bite your arm and refilling the glasses everytime they are an inch below the rim just means you are hovering and again you are being annoying. Alone doesn't mean you want to stop the conversation every 3 minutes because the waitress is leaning between you.

The worst thing however was the smell. I said it smelled like mold hubby said it was fish and rancid grease.

Took a while to get over the smell and was real tempted just to leave before we ordered because of it, but I really wanted the fish.

And the fish was good. So the food gets a 3 because 1 was good and the other was burnt.

Smell gets a minus 1

Waitress gets a 2, She was nice but not very with it. Service was okay just too intrusive. Bill was 40.00 for 2 meals sorta pricey but it was my fault and I knew the costs going in. Still left 5.00 dollar tip and will enjoy my leftovers immensly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yang said...

And there's even one in Orlando! Will have to put on my list of things to do on vacation and hope the smell, service, and atmosphere are better.

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home