Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Ism Ism's not to be confused with Islam

I was telling my Yang that I was feeling productive today. Apparently productive for me is just not the same as for "normal' folks. I woke up at 5am and put another strand of tumbled gems on my moon and star bracelet. I am getting very good at recognizing gems, Lindy would be proud of me.

Ism's and the philosophy of Ying or Yings manifesto.



You could say that she lacked focus but that was not entirely true. She did possess the ability to focus very well on one thing for hours on end. Until such time as her attention was diverted elsewhere and then she would be on to the next thing or nothing at all. You never knew with her. So truly it would be more accurate to describe her as having a short attention span. Sometimes the span was shorter than others. Ism's she had many an ism. Like any true alcoholic or any other good addict she would allow herself to become completely immersed in that one thing that caught her fancy. Luckily her fancy was never anything harmful as that. She liked pretty bla bla bla



I was going to write that I have a lot going on but then when I go to write it it doesn't seem like much at at all. I've been reading as much as I can which hasn't been a lot as I've been a bit short on time lately. My dearest darling lovely Yang sent me the entire Fire and Ice series by George Martin. I am a little into book three. I am absolutely in love with this writer and his living breathing characters. I want to be Tyrion the Imp's whore! If you have not read this series of books yet rush out and get them all. They are divine! They are even effecting my dreams.

It's back to school for the kids, and Lil Kel and Blaze both have kick ass teachers. Thank you God! Blaze is taking advanced Piano and Art. He spends 80 minutes on fine arts each day. Lil Kel's fine art's rotation begins next week. He will sample ballet, piano, art, and choir. Lindy is digging middle school. They have her in all advanced placement classes because of her scores on the Taks test. I purposely did not sign the paper for this. I feel that she does not handle the pressure well. They explained that they place children by their test scores so I guess the parent permission form is only a formality. I really didn't get it. Kelly thought I was nuts for wanting her in standard classes. What is wrong with wanting your kid to take easy cheesy classes. I am an underachiever and I make no apologies for it. Lindy didn't want to be in AP classes.

Currently my latest ism is a jewelry project for Yang and myself, We are designing awesome bracelets made with all kinds of gemstones. We even found toggle clasps with stones in them. Yang's will be San Sitara (a natural stone that looks like the night sky). Mine is Labradorite. I can't wait to make them but I need to wait til all of our vast quantities of beads get here and Ms. Yang had to go and order from out of the country so who knows how long it will be. So far we have ordered, moonstone, labradorite, lapis, rose quartz, hematite, amethyst, and all kinds of other things that I have already forgotten.

I was feeling kind of shitty last week until I opened up a box of laughter from Yang, she sent me the best refrigerator magnets. They had 50's pictures on them and have the cutest sayings. i am going to scan them and blog, something would get lost in the translation if I tried to blog them they are so damn cute. Yang is always thinking of me, she is the sweetest thing.

I will be sure and blog our beautiful jewelry when it is finished. I am very inspired by Yang, I think that she sparks my creative process and really helps me to create. Who knew all I Ying needed was her Yang.

I also acquired a new house this week it is 4400 square feet and of course needs some love but the good new is that it will be a transitional sober living home for men in recovery. I'll get more into that later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home