Tuesday, October 16, 2007

True Haunting story and proof that I am the most horrid mother ever!


The fact that I find all of this hilarious is just proof that I am a terrible mother with a twisted sense of humor.




I put Brittany's bed back up in Lindy's room for Nana. My mother has tried to avoid sleeping with Lindy as Lindy wants to have a sleepover party every single night. Recently Nana has taken to crawling into bed with the Ranger man after he falls asleep. The following is a true story. Dog haunting or just rats on the roof you decide.




My mom and Lindy said the reason that they cannot sleep in Lindy's room at night is because they can hear something moving around the room in the dark. I reminded them that we have a bunch of squirrels and that is was probably just them scampering on the shingles. They insisted that the sound that they are hearing is more like an animal moving around the room. I said it is possible that we have rodents (although I have not seen any evidence of them). They would not accept this as a reasonable answer either. Instead my mother a grown woman and my preteen daughter start whining about how there really is something in there. They are persistant with it so I go through the entire room and turn up, of course nothing . I suggest the possibility that it is my dog sneaking into the room at night. NO, they say."We close the door at night and when we wake up the door is still closed." They go onto say that there really is something in there, I suggest a lizard. I have gone in there at night in the dark and nothing. I don't hear anything, feel anything sense anything. I have slept in this room many times myself. My mom says that my cat will not go in the room, and my dog will not stay in the room for more than a minute. I tell her that all that means is that my animals probably do not like her. Anyway last night Lindy was trying to stay up all night and started using the there is something in my room trick. Well honestly I was getting a little tired of hearing about the thing that walks around the room in the dark. So I gave them my most logical answer.




The people that lived here before us owned two little dogs. I know this because there are scratch marks on the bottom of my daughter's bedroom door. Painting the door is something that I have never gotten around to so there they remain. My dog who is house trained, went through a spell of urinating on my daughters carpet, I assume this is because he could smell the dogs that had been in there before. We have mold reports on the house from the previous owners and in the initial assessment it mentions that there were 2 dogs and in the next report it says that the dogs had died. When we were having some plumbing done and the men were digging in the back yard the neighborhood creepo and busybody Mark came by to inform us that we might find some dogs buried back there. Anyway I used all this info to weave quite a fantastical dog haunting story. If Lindy wasn't freaked out before,she definitely is now. I told her not to worry that when she hears the dog just open the door and tell it to go outside or better yet I could find Pam's address (previous owner) and maybe it would go to her house. But then again I said Pam wasn't very nice and the dog would probably prefer to stay with us.


I am definitely not getting a monkey, I have been changing diapers for the last 11 years and I am through with potty training. Brandy did say that my next pet would be either a dog or a monkey. Does a ghost dog count? As long as it's crap is invisible I'm a happy camper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home