Friday, December 24, 2010

Things Left Undone

Heart break come in the form of cinnamon rolls some days.Dad and I went to the store today to get all the food needed for Mike's birthday dinner tonight and xmas tomarrow. I went to get dinner rolls when I happened upon cinnamon rolls. Never has a little can made me so sad before. Mom made her cinnamon rolls every year from christmas morning. I have tried many times to make them like she does, while also good never like mom makes them. As I started to try dad told me the canned ones were fine this year, and not to be hard on my self. Now as i cook all I can think of is these dumb rolls that have got the best of me, and my mother is not here to teach how she makes her's so well. Its not the memories you have that are so hard it the one you will never have the hurt the most.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yang said...

Ape - I know what you mean - over 20 years later and I still can't look at a turkey coming out of the oven! But, hey - you know Mom would make even the fact that you haven't gotten the recipe exactly like hers a memory!! Maybe you can find the thing that is "your" thing to make on Christmas morning, or the thing that is "your" tradition to do, and have the cinnamon rolls in the the can to go with them, as a nod to mom and make her part of your family traditions you will create.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home