Sunday, April 18, 2004

I was a good girl...

I survived a night at the bar as a patron for a change and had the time of my life. It was a downer because Darrel wasn't there, but the local yokels were in rare form and provided lots of free entertainment. I was designated babysitter for Derek, so I had some supper when we first got there, and I had a few beers, but afterward I drank coffee and watched the side show until almost 3 this a.m. Derek got totally durnk, of course, (so drunk he actually danced with his old stepmom twice and he doesn't dance!) but the real entertainment was provided by 2 tables of exceptionally rambunctious freaks. I know all these people, but one group had brought a new face - someone's cousin who was visiting from Texas, so she felt free to be bad and not get in trouble. I told Carol early on that this woman would have her clothes off by the end of the night and she did not disappoint a bit.
I sure wish I could be at the shower today!! Instead I will be sorting through my piles of junk I got at the auction yesterday and trying to work up the ambition to make eBay ads.
Lydia - for a trip a year I would have agreed to about anything! Darrel never traveled until I met him and since Derek left home we have gone on a trip a year and try to go a different direction every year. (The year we went to the "clothing optional," adults only, 4 day camp out was one of the best, but that's a whole different blog!) This year we are going back east, which is breaking our rule of a different place every year as we did Cape Cod, Virginia Beach, etc. one year already), but I feel the need to visit my dad and stepmom in Pennsylvania again. Dad is now 70 (I did not grow up with him and we have never been close) and I just feel like I need to see him just in case.... We are also going to side trip to Washington D.C., as last time we were there we rushed through and Darrel wants to go back and spend some time really seeing things.
I want to take an adventure to Mishy's! (Nothing like inviting yourself, huh...??) I want her to teach me how to play in the mud and make beautiful things appear! I have a porcelain pitcher and glasses set Mish made, which sits in a place of honor in my glass front corner cabinet in the living room, for all to see. It sits right above the fossilized fairy bowl Brandy made me. Mishy, you now have to spend time throwing together a vacation package to sell me!
It is extremely cloudy here so I am going to go outside and do a rain dance. If it rains, Darrel gets to come home!!! Poor guy woke at 3:00 this a.m., and since the bar closes at 2:00 and we weren't home, he got up and called the bar (we had already left) to check on us and then sat up and waited for us. (He's such a mother hen - guess he gets it from raising his kids by himself for the most part.) Of course, we sat up and I had to fill him in on all the gossip from the bar, then we went to bed and had great sex, and then it was time for him to go to work!
Lydia - it seems Angel was an appropriate name for you, as you appear to have the patience of a saint! My other sister, who lives in Florida, was a dancer for years, but I don't think I ever knew what her stage name was. If I was a dancer I think my name would have been "Uncoordinated Bubble Butt Woman." Now it would be "Woman Who Gravity Has Taken Its Toll On."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home