Sunday, May 16, 2004

Date with Brandy (Lydia's version) / Congrats Melisa / Civil rights

I got home later than expected last night. Brandy and Les those wild things actually kept me out until half past the witching hour. Kelly was awake and ready to play with me which was such a nice surprise. I enjoyed it immensely even in my drunken state. Les the boy scout that he is got us to the show about half an hour early so we had no choice other than to have some libations before hand. Actually I had more than a few drinks those other two just had one. We arrived fashionably late and I drank a glass of white wine and wandered around eyeing the artistic expressions. Some were downright cool and others inspired me to become an artist because I want someone to pay me $500 dollars for a hunk of clay that I hit with a rake and spray painted gold. After sufficiently paying homage to all canvas, weaving, functional artsy lamps and clay we decided to head out. Stopped at Brandy and Les's to change into shorts. I borrowed a pair from Brandy. She first hands me these soft white velvet things that are about 2-3 sizes to small. I took one look in the mirror and said yeah right. She had another pair that my ass hung out of a little bit less so I wore those. I met B's cat who promptly bit me but I think that we are friends. B shared some photos of her farmhouse with me and made me cry as I'm an emotional drunk and the Rose garden was exquisitely lovely. We went to the park and did the swing thing. After which me went to Denny's (could we get anymore wild?). Returned home and had fun with Kelly. I slept like a baby. Today Kelly informed me that he made the kids popcorn for dinner, and I also noticed that everyone slept in their clothes. Got to love that man. I woke up so tired! I skipped Sunday school and hung out with the Ranger man in the nursery during church. Of course we did the traditional eating lunch with Grand dad. Came home and the kids played upstairs and Rangy Roo slept. Kelly tried to jump my bones but I just teased him a little bit and then took a nap.

Congratulations Melisa! My wish for you is that you are never financially dependent on any man and that you will do what you will when you want. No words of wisdom here :)

Gay marriages,here are my thoughts. I am never ashamed to admit that I am a Christian. My personal moral beliefs or anyone else's for that matter are so irrelevant on this subject for the simple fact that we live in a wonderfully free society and the right to be married is indeed a right and not some privilege for those with "conventional" relationships. (Note the major run on sentence)
Yes while it is true that we have a lot less freedom than we think we do. The premise that this great land was founded really rocks! I think that as long as one persons rights does not harmfully infringe upon the rights of others (ie physically harm, repress or kill them) than it's a go. I cannot believe that non heterosexuals have been discriminated for so long. I have some really far out ideas about marriage anyway. I think that a personal relationship
should not be defined or controlled by the government in any way. That's my two cents any way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home