Saturday, May 29, 2004

Missing My Man

I went to the beach this evening about an hour before sunset. I watched my children play in the surf, I envied their tans and wished that I had a camera because the light was great. Everything looks so beautiful in the last light of the day. The soft glow glistening on my son's fair hair and he looked up at me with those blazing green eyes and asked if we could live at the beach. Blaze is a pretty cool kid but I'm kind of biased. I dipped Rangers little feet in the water. Kelly 1 wouldn't go anywhere near the water. Lindy found a sand dollar and was quite excited to have found a whole one. She thought that it was even more special that she found it when I showed her that it was still alive. She returned it to it's home on the sand bar. A girl after my own heart, so proud was I! Was enjoying myself so much on the beach until I suddenly remembered that I had a husband somewhere and then I started missing him immensely. When I spoke to him later on the phone I told him that I was missing him at the beach. To this he simply asked,"why?". I told him something lame like I love the beach and would like to have had him there with me because it would have been even better. I guess I'm not that eloquent when I'm put on the spot. I should have said because I love you and would like you near me. A missed opportunity to express my love for him.





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I was searching the internet for something that got nothing to do with your blog (Searching for laying tile common mistakes), but I read your blog about three times throughout the day. Just last night I had an argument with my wife (have three kids) and "splitting" was one of the somewhat an option, it was on my mind.
I read your blog, again, and I think life is much bigger than splitting. My tolerance level need to be higher. I love my kids too, and I know my wife can not handle life pressures on here own. We just have to keep riding that life train together, at least it is not always bumpy.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home