Sunday, June 27, 2004

A day off - Today was my first real day off

How did it go? - Did I go to the Beach? - Spend time with just the hubby getting reaquainted? - Of Course not, Being a good (Martyr) mom I was making dinner for my darling daughter who turned 20 today. I also learned something new this weekend. I have never been a particularly meddling parent I expected civility and logical thought but my children were for the most part allowed to make their own mistakes as Long as they checked in occasionally and were home by dark. I never picked their friends or limited their choices in life. I considered myself liberal and cool. Well that was then. I am beginning to get an inkling of how we turn into our parents. It is so much easier to let your children make mistakes when the only person that can possibly hurt is them. It is much more difficult once they have kids. It bothers you more for some reason.

Okay mom I am apologizing again, I understand your worries better now. In the end most but not all were unfounded but I understand better the torture that you went through especially with as radical a child as I grew up to be. It is comforting to realize that the concerns and lectures were in our mind as they are in mine from true fear and caring not some wish to rule the lives of your children.

The day was very nice - Dinner was fantabulous - Paremsean chicken crepes with cream tarragon sauce and portabello mushrooms. Store bought cake but it was still tasty.
Hard to believe she is 20 and I am beginning to feel real old. Wish I could have done more and bought her bigger better presents but Oh well.

Happy Birthday April - I love you

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home