Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Today Will Be A Good Day!

It's raining here and the sun is shining! I love when that happens, but the birds are twittering and chattering like they are confused. But, it sounds like a happy sort of confusion, which I totally relate to. Seems that's how I spend most days lately. Confused, but with that idiot grin on my face that makes people wonder if I have received a hard blow to the head recently or have access to some to drug they can't get.
I love the eight ball story, Lydia. Brought back a memory from about 20 years ago when I took my mom to dinner at her favorite Chinese restaraunt. It had been one of those terrible days when everything had gone wrong for me (at work and at home) and I just wanted to escape for a while. Dinner was great - wonderful food and Mom and I had gotten to the point in our lives when we were friends more than anything and there was no one else I'd rather go spend a couple of hours with, beguiling her with my tales of woe and how my life sucked. Then the fortune cookies came. Mine was empty. I'm sure I had never seen my mother laugh so hard.
Going to Junction City Friday for the weekend, to visit daughter and grandkids. Since I have to work tomorrow from open to close, that means today I get to do all the "getting ready" shit that is involved whenever we both go away. This of course, involves making sure the ducks, chickens, and cows, are set to be left alone for 3 days, getting all the mowing done, packing my clothes (and HIS!!!), and 100 other "little things" that have to be seen to before leaving. This is why I hate going anywhere these days. This seems to be another thing that I have somehow managed to make "my job" over the years. Keegan, the wonder dog, will be going with us, since he needs "doctoring" twice a day and we can't leave him outside on his own, for fear of what he'll try to chew or eat. I'm sure he's in enough pain that his usual favorite chewing items (limbs and bark) are of no interest to him, but that nice soft cow poop all over the pastures seems to be appealing to him. (So gross!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home