Sunday, August 22, 2004

Shhhhh! It's quiet in here!

Sunday a.m. and I was wide awake at 5 a.m.!! This should be an impossibility, but somehow it happened. Thought I should take the opportunity, while it's blissfully peaceful, to blog. Not that I have much to blog about - no plumber's cracks, no horrific news (thank God!), and no artistic creations. Just the 2 year old and the 3 year old for the weekend, which should pretty much say it all.
We are taking them home later today and staying for a bit to help their mother do some furniture rearranging and room swapping. With the little bit of sleep I've had, I'm sure I'll be in full Grumpy Crab mode by the middle of the day. Not to mention that once we get to their house the little ones will switch into full Brat mode and I'll be ready to scream. They have been here enough now that they are becoming accustomed to the rules at "Grandma & Grandpa's house" and are much easier to take while they are here than they were a few short months ago. However, the second their mother is in sight they turn back into the Demon children from Hell. At some point, I'm going to have to sit her down and explain this to her, hoping she will see that 1/2 the problems she has are due to the fact that she has no rules and she lets the children run her household. Like all of us, children do what works for them and whining, screaming, hitting, kicking, etc. gets them what they want from her, so I guess you can't blame the kids.
The sun has finally come up, so I think I'll go sit on the back porch with a cup of coffee and try to get into the "count my blessings" state of mind. (We'll see how long that lasts...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home