Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Chimps, Lions, and zoo animals too..

I returned tonight from 2 days with Janelle, Cj, and Kenzie. Had a ball, but it's great to be home. Discovered my granddaughter is a brat, but as a woman, I'm not sure this is a bad thing. Just turned 1 on August 24th and she knows exactly how to get whatever she wants. While I spend way too much time with brats to really enjoy this, I'm thinking it may serve her well in the future.
Was too brain dead to continue this blog last night and expound on the virtues of brathood, so as you can see by my last blog, I simply roamed the web in search of things to inspire me and blatantly plagerized something. Glad it could at least make Doris smile, now I'm going to try practicing it myself... Barn cleaning is fun. Barn cleaning is fun. Barn cleaning is fun. Barn cleaning is fun. Barn cleaning is fun. (Guess what I'm off to do this a.m.??)
Lydia, your life sounds as full as ever. I happen to like that you are self-centered (I'm not really sure that's the word I'd use, but it's too early to access the part of my brain that stores the Roget's Thesaurus) and I don't think the aim of this blog is to aid society. If it is, I'm in the wrong place. Don't know why I even asked if anyone had any ideas about helping the baby sleep through the night - it's not like my daughter would take anyone's advice, anyway. Amazingly, Miss Jaden McKenzie slept completely through the night in the hotel Monday night, from 10 p.m. until 9:30 a.m., and even laying in a Pack 'N Play, something my daughter INSISTS Kenzie will not sleep in at all at my house. Hmmmm........... Of course, we did spend a couple of hours in the pool with the kids Monday evening ("Nana" in her cow...er..bathing suit was not a pretty sight), and then I took them all out to eat and stuffed lots of food into Ms. Kenzie's belly. Also, while she had been taking tentative "walks" the last few weeks, Kenzie decided Monday night that walking was cool and put miles on her legs around the hotel room. I'm sure she was only waiting for me to be there so she could show off for Nana.
We spent Tuesday at the Rolling Hills Wildlife Refuge/Zoo. Even after my traumatic and emotional day at the Wichita Zoo with Darrel a couple of weeks ago (maybe someday I'll actually blog that event), I enjoyed Tuesday. All the animals seemed very happy at Rolling Hills, and they had all been born into captivity or had been rescued injured or abandoned, so they all seemed content with their plight. And seeing them all through a 4 year old and 1 year old's eyes was sheer joy.
I'm intrigued by Lydia's hints of a dark and scary tale. The books Brandy sent me haven't arrived yet, so I really need something good to read, Lydia!
Well...I'm off to see if what I thunk upon grew and if cleaning the barn is really fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home