Thursday, September 16, 2004

PMS

I began an email to Cristal today and I intended it to be a sympathetic piece in which I would commiserate with her on the fact that we often do not get to see our spouses. It evolved into my complaining about being an overworked and underpaid domestic goddess. So I scrapped it, saved it as a draft. Probably won't send it to her. Well I have severe PMS and feel like crying. My children are inappreciative and my husband is acting like an idiot. This morning as I tried to explain something to Kelly he snatched the paper I was holding out of my hand and wouldn't listen to me. He was paying bills on line and was about to pay something using the wrong account number. He was so sure that he was right that he would not even listen to me. I felt so frustrated that he was not listening to me so I yelled at him, "Your an idiot!. Not a nice thing to say and usually not my style. I'm more apt to come up with far more creative insults that usually just confuse him. Well I was sorry immediately and I said so. I told him that it was wrong and that he did not deserve to be spoken to like that. Thirty seconds later he realized that I was right about the account number. He did not apologize to me for not listening, but I really did not expect him to either. Well he was in bed nearly the entire day. While I ran around getting bids on a property and talking to contractors on the phone. By the time it was the children's bed time it dawned on me that Kelly was acting more mean and depressed than usual. Every once in a while I ask him if he's mad at me. Just to reassure myself that it really isn't me that is the cause of his miserable attitude towards life. He said he was mad at me for calling him an idiot earlier. I apologized again and reminded him that I apologized instantly after the phrase left my mouth. I also told him that I was frustrated because he wasn't listening to me and that I wanted his attention. I also added that you would think that someone that is continually rude and insulting to me would be a little more forgiving. I shouldn't have added that last part. (but Kelly brings a whole new meaning to insensitive) It is almost amusing that someone that could give me verbal lashings and reprimand on a regular basis could act like a little baby over one stupid thing. I try to treat people well, especially those I love. My only excuse for my actions is that I'm human. Is there any real need for Kelly to torment me when we see each other so little?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home