Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Coffee \ Small Talk and Yippy Mish Is Back!

Okay I admit it I am addicted to caffeine and I am not even going to attempt to cease imbibing my favorite dark liquid. I like it hot, I like it lukewarm, I like it cold, I like it over ice. This is for the benefit of all that come in personal contact with me. I am just much more relaxed and nicer after I've had a cup of joe. Luckily for me my drug of choice is cheap, plentiful and most importantly entirely legal! I was thinking about small talk. B says that she is no good at it and I feel the same way about it myself. On some level though it is something that is necessary to build a rapport and relationship with someone. Sometimes small talk actually leads to friendship. (Imagine that!) Since I am no good at small talk you will likely find me avoiding acquaintances in public places such as the grocery store, or Dr.'s office. I would categorize most tenants, and former coworkers as acquaintances and I find myself acting engrossed in something and avoiding eye contact to ward off the uncomfortable experience of the superficial exchange. Maybe I just have no manners (never really considered that before). I saw Deb and her husband in the grocery store today and I actually approached her and had a conversation. Hooray for Lydia! I might be making some progress. I invited her to write with us again, as it turns out she never received my first invite. So I'll shoot it to her one more time. Kelly just called and said that he'll be home in an hour. So I'm about to start cleaning faster than the speed of light!!! Got to run! How do you erase a weeks worth of filth in 60 minutes. Close your eyes! Maybe if I'm really nice he won't notice! Okay I'm back. I bribed the children to help me. Mostly this involved them not making any new messes for Mommy to clean up and watching me. Which was of course was fine by me. I am super woman! Lil Kel did some unmentionable thing in the stairwell and at first I thought that it would take the entire hour to desanitize it but I'm a pro so it only took fifteen minutes. Then I took the trash out barefooted and got attacked by fire ants but I recovered quickly. I even mopped and vacuumed. Well all accept our room which is pretty much disgusting. It is the room that I just never get to. I managed to get so much done because I called Kelly and asked him to pick up chocolate milk for Lil Kel on the way home. I figured that this would add at least an hour as he has been to the grocery less than half a dozen times during the entire course of our marriage. In his defense, we have only been married 4 years. So glad to hear from Mish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home