Saturday, October 23, 2004

Art shows, Dinner and fancy capes

Went to an art show at K-Space studios today. They had some nice things none that I really wanted to buy but some cool stuff. Unfortunately as much as I love this particular studios atmosphere (even if they won't let me in because I am too traditional) It was just tooooo hot up there to enjoy. Too many bright lights and too many people and no airconditioning. Didn't stay very long as all of us including the baby were sweating rivers after 15 minutes. I won't go back unless the show is scheduled between december and February. Tried to go to another show at Artwerks, A much nicer studio than K-Space but I read the flyer wrong and there was no party so instead we went to dennys and ate dinner which was good. April, Michael and baby were with us and it was nice going out all together. I am going to have to do this more often.

MY son is coming to visit me in January with his girlfriend, I am beginning to wish we could all live in the same state again as I miss him terribly most days.

Blazermans costume sounds very cool. You should take pictures. I too love capes. My mother in a moment of inspirational greatness made me a hooded cape or cloak several years ago for christmas this is still one of my favortie things and it is too bad that it never gets cold enough to wear it here in south Texas. The Hubby still thinks its silly but I don't care it is my favorite coat and I would wear it all the time if there was a drop of cold weather to be had. The one I have isn't fancy it is wool with nice fuzzy fake fur lining in the hood and let me tell ya when we were at auctions in January in Kansas and it was snwing I was the totiest person there. I want to make a fancier one out of a light purply grey suede with flannel lining which would work better in these warmer climes than wool. I have the pattern and everything and someday probably when I am 90 I will finally get around to making it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home