Tuesday, December 21, 2004

The Christmas Crazies

Maybe it is the season. Never particularly cared for Christmas. My Aunt Lindy passed away this time of year but I had negative associations before that. I feel least spiritual at this time of year. I even seem to avoid going to church. Just plain weird. I don't know if Santa would say that I've been good this year. I certainly have tried not to be bad but don't know if I am on the "good list". Here's a Christmas story for you. I called Kelly this morning and asked him if I should go out and buy my little Lindy some toys from her Nana. I opened the kid's packages (Nana sent the gifts unwrapped) and while the boys got piles of fun toys the girl child got shoes, a coat, 100 dollar jogging suit,women's size six red suit (no tags attached so can't return this item)and a couple of purses. Lindy is eight years old, she's five foot tall but still eight years old. She likes things like paint, and clay, and music and pretty barbie dolls. I had this horrid flash back of myself crying on my birthday because I received a khaki colored winter coat and not a toy. We were not poor, so necessities need not be purchased for Holidays. I don't know what this is about. I should not be reliving the disappointments of youth but I'm just imagining her opening these gifts. Hey, I'm not afraid of exchanging gifts. The woman's suit was really strange. My mother forced me to wear business suits charcoal gray, to school in the eighth grade. I cried and cried at the time but she would not give in. I finally asked her about this last year and she said that those are the clothes I chose. She has a selective memory. Anyway Kelly says that I should just give the things to Lindy and let her know we can exchange them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home