Sunday, December 19, 2004

Studio Open House was a great success

We had great traffic all day, my roomie, Jill (who makes really nice functional pots, and had a bunch), sold over $250, and I get 20 %.... I didn't sell nearly that much, but future students, and open studio customers and jobs teaching pottery to other groups came up, much potential business, which is probably even better. The kiln opening was gorgeous and my current students are excited about their pots and enthused about the studio being newly organized and cleaned. Steffin just kind of putters around in the background, staying out of the way and helping all the time, he's really a gem. I told him last night, it is a new thing, for me, having a partner actually *there*, participating in the activity and party, and socializing with the people, and he even invited his friend to bring his family down. It's a really nice feeling. So, today I will clean up from the festivities...and then get down to making more stuff!!! I will try to get some photographs of the studio all clean and some of the pieces out of the kiln yesterday, we are working on some glazes with rutile, going for the purple marbles that run like a motha'. Got close :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home