Thursday, August 25, 2005

Gods - MOre Poetry This one unfinished from the drafts file- Feel Free to add verses

Once upon a mountain top
on a foggy moonlit night
Lost, alone and deep in thought
I met a God that couldn't talk

Standing there in gilded robes
His lips sealed to a tree
I had questions yet to ask
But he was no help to me

Travelling on my twisted path
needing answers, I could not hear
I met a God who couldn't walk
His feet were trapped within the rock

This God Could speak
The same old words
I'd heard them all before
A never changing tune

Words of hate and punishment
That stranded those who believe
I rushed on, my heart closed
to blandishments such as these

Stumbling on the hilltop path
Lost within my pain
I saw a valley far below
I ran down, escaping hatreds sounds

Tripping in my haste
Escaping what could not be
I fell upon what I thought was a log
It was a God who could not see

He touched, and felt and groped in
vain. With hands of sand and unforgiving
grasp, he knew me naught.

Tired from my ardous walk
My mind held tight in fear
I gave up finding my God that
Though I felt he was near

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so true, so so so true.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home