Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Strange Little Man (Men?) In My House

Yesterday the washing machine repair man finally showed. Of course, he showed up at 4:10, after I sat here all day and wasted a day, but that's another blog.....
Anyway, he turned out to be the real life incarnation of Underdog, but in his shoe shine boy persona. He might have weighed 100 pounds, had the horn rimmed glasses that Clark Kent used to wear, and a high, squeaky, soft voice that made it difficult to hear/understand him. He mumbled a few words to me and then went back to the "laundry room" to work on the washer. Bean, (the World's Top Doggie Jewelry Model), and I went to the couch to kill some time while Meek & Mousy Man did his thing. At 5:50 Darrel came home and woke me up.
I find this completely unbelievable - that I fell sound asleep with a strange man in my house. And I wasn't the least bit tired when I sat down. Then, as Darrel and I were talking, he mentioned there were two men back there, and two vans in the driveway. I didn't believe him and had to go look for myself. Not only did I fall sound asleep with no warning while some strange man was in my house, but I slept through another strange man driving up, ringing the bell, and coming in, and then any subsequent conversation they had.
I can't explain how this threw me. I either fell into another dimension where two repairmen actually came to my house instead of one, or they zapped me with one of those cool pens from Men In Black and a party ensued until Darrel got home that I was not privvy to. (I really want one of those pens, by the way.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ying said...

Lydia was here.

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home