Monday, August 06, 2007

LAUGH!

I won't be shopping for more houses any time soon. I will be preparing for a rather lengthy visit from my Mommy dearest. She is going to stay here for six weeks (hopefully no longer) and run my household in my stead. While I recover from the long awaited surgery. At times I thought that it would never occur. Although, I always hoped that it would. I remember the day that the transplant coordinator called and informed me that we were a match. At the time I was showing a house to a perspective tenant and I cried right there in front of them. I remember feeling this warm rush flowing through my body and saying, "Thank You God!" That was over a year ago. As anxious as I am to help D, I just can't help but to hope that this does not interfere with my plans to visit Yang. So in case any one is thinking I am selfless, really I am not. D is getting weaker by the day and here I am concerned with a chink in my plans to run off with Yang for a bit. Am I whacked or what? The answer to that question would be yes. I had planned to pen an appropriate acknowledgement of their overwhelming gratitude but I haven't been in the mood to write anything that is not Yang related.
Big K is concerned with how quickly Yang and I have bonded. I can't wait for him to find out how wonderful she is for himself. He asked me to describe her and all I could say was that she was like me but funnier. He laughed his ass off at that. (He doesn't find me funny in the least) Which in itself is actually quite humorous as I make myself laugh all the time.
We were eating dinner out the other night and I said something I thought for sure would get a giggle. Apparently my jokes lack delivery because he took what I said very seriously. So I then said, "It's a joke damn it! Laugh!" He found that funny and I actually got more than a smile. I guess I just need to instruct him when to laugh at me. I could hold up cue cards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home