Monday, August 06, 2007

Wii Wii Wii Wii all the way home

Life as Wii know it.

Well my life has been fairly normal and boring for the most part. The highlight of my life in the last month has tripping up to Kansas with Lydia April and Emily to visit old friends - most importantly for me was of course visiting Dona and I tool Lydia to meet her specifically after all we can't all live together when we are really old if they don't get along right?

I needn't have worried on that part as they have fallen instantly and deeply in love. (Maybe I should take up match making) Going back had me in tears several times and I am not sure even now how my husband coerced me into moving. I must love him lots or else the fates were merely driving me along until I dragged Lydia back to Kansas with me. My life turns weird circles like that. I move to Texas and go to work for a company from Wichita. Even my area codes are weird. In Phx it was 602 then right before we left Kansas they changed their area code from 316 to 620 and I moved to corpus which is 361. Just an odd note on the universe. I find it comforting that no matter how hard I fight against something there always seems to be reason for the odd directions I jump. I Wonder who I will meet in Sacramento when we move there in a few years.

However I find myself with extra time that used to be given to playing games with Dona who is now bonding with Lydia in a way that amazes me and makes me smile. And also makes me think Lydia will get back to the farm much sooner than I will a fact of which I am jealous but willing to take the ride this life takes me. So while they are busy with each other I have decided to make a new effort at some of my writing as I am running quickly out of excuses to avoid it and maybe the universe is in its own way trying to nudge me along.

As for the Wii, I received a Wii for Mothers day, but since they has been a Wii shortage all I actually got on mothers day was a picture of my toy and love from my family - life is good. LAst week the real Wii arrived and it is so much fun.

I wanted it as a weight loss tool and so far it is working well hubs and I have spent countless hours bowling and playing golf, baseball, bowling, boxing and tennis. You have no idea until you actually use it how addicting and painful it can be. And we have both lost weight though I did have to take a day off for sore muscles to recover. Lots of fun

So far my favorite game has been the one that came with it
The regular games like elebits last to long don't and require enough motion. I tried super swing golf cause I would really like a better golf game or at least ones with more course but in adding elements they changed the swing mode from the original and thats a shame cause its just not as good. Wario Ware smooth moves is okay and great for learning to do different things with the remote but the mini games are too short and as strange as this is too say I like sports best for the first time in my life. So maybe I will actually loose weight. Waiting patiently for Wii Olympics and Wii Fit do out later this year.

Today I went with my daughter to buy her wedding dress. She is not allowing pictures and doesn't want anyone to see it until the wedding. I can tell you it's very beautiful and she looks like a fairy princess in it.

Speaking of fairies she even gave me permission to buy Emmy some wings to wear with her flower girl dress. Is she a good child or what.

Her hubby bought her a Wii today after finding out how much it made her hurt to play for a measly 2 hours. I told her to start with golf next time instead of boxing not near as painful. And you make make up Miis of all the people in your life including Ex-husbands which dona was curious about and them bash them to your hearts content.

Life really is good

1 Comments:

Blogger Ying said...

Brandy has a Wii Wii!

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home