Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Me Show

Ranger does the cutest thing, or it was cute about 1000 times ago and it still is when he comes up with new material. It is called "The Me Show". It's a one man show performed entirely by Ranger, there is singing dancing, impersonations, and a variety fantastical Ranger related performances. The main point of the me show is not to entertain the audience but t o entertain Ranger. He has been known to perform with no spectators.
I have decided to take Rangers show on the road. I at the very least strive to steal his theme.
My life is now "The Me Show" All Lydia, all the time. I guess every ones life is really their own personal me show. Every time my Me show isn't going so well I decide to do something for others to take the focus off of "ME" and get some perspective.
That is not working so well lately, because even though helping others reminds me of my gratitude for life, and health, etc it is not providing me with some basic things that my current me show is missing. Basically what my me show has been missing is ME in the starring role. Those of you who do not like the me show do not have to watch but you will be forced to read about it in the blog. So far the show is not very exciting. I put on makeup just to go to the grocery store and that was the highlight of my day. Either that or I sang really loud in church just to hear my own voice, with wanton disregard for people with ears. Who's to say God doesn't love my voice as well as lets say someone that can carry a tune.

Church was decent for a change today, I connected with Allen which I usually don't. I am going to give him a chance to wow me. Today he said or asked rather, "dreams, do you still have dreams?" I do, I do, I do. I actually looked at everyone when he was speaking and I thought how stinking miserable it must be to be talking to this dead crowd. They hardly looked conscious. Their eyes were glazed. Today I decided that I won't make fun of him next time he tries t o talk to me and I will quit telling people that he is the love child of Olive Oil and Charlie Brown. I am going to try to get to know him as a person. I think he is going to stick around. Maybe I should tell him my plans to start a cult. The cult of ME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home