Thursday, February 19, 2004

Happy Birthday to Mishy

I remember when you were such a young thing. New mommy, college student. The crazy lady with the purple hair.
And I must admit I blame you totally for my downfall. Without you I would have continued in my profitable 9 to 5 job. I would have been able to continue eating chemicals and food additives and not have known any different. My kids would have spent 12 years in school instead of being in my face all day as they were with homeschooling. I would have money and a retirement plan. I would have never considered looking for strange creatues in a glaze run except when buying expensive art at some gallery for the normal. Even then I wouldn't have looked for pictures in the glaze but only at the price so that I could have something brag about to my other normal friends.

But the flip side is at least one of my kids would probably have ended up in jail. My marriage would be over and I would probably have ended up rich but in a nut house.

Damn I'm glad you arranged my downfall

You have been a huge influence on my life and I thank you for being there.
Love you -

Had some customers today (always a good thing) Nice couple with two kids probably 11 and 4. Very well behaved, I was impressed they seemed so nice. RIght before they walked out the door I waved goodbye to the youngest one and he balled up his fist and through a punch through the air towards me. He couldn't have hit me or anything as there was a counter between us, but he got this fierce look on his face when he did. His mother smiled and told him to stop which he did and then she apologized by explaining tho me that they were raising him to be a boxer.

I don't understand this, I will admit boxing may be an acceptable profession, though I will never understand it and I would certainly never date one or even go to a match. But what mother in her right mind tells a 4 year he is going to grow up to be a boxer. I mean did they drop the kid on his head early and figure that is the only option available. Do they feel he would look good with black eyes bruised kidneys and a busted lip. I just can't imagine wanting your baby to grow up to be beaten by anyone other than his parents. I can however imagine the problems this kid is going to have in school if the attitude is conmtinued. It just seems sad to start limiting a child so early in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home