Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Honky Tonk Blues

Mish - I love her! Think she's cool and if he never calls, I'm sure you can sell her elsewhere. If you weren't so far away, I'd buy her from you just to stick in my sister's bar as a conversation piece! Carol has an assortment of penis sculptures people have brought her on the back bar now, so I think a pole dancer would fit right in.
Last night was a typical Tuesday night at the bar, which is to say it wasn't much different from any other night in any other bar anywhere in the world.
Lydia, like Brandy, I missed you but assumed with kids to raise it's pretty hard to find time to sit at the computer and type. I, on the other hand, have no such excuse. I'm just lazy.
Darrel and I went to the "big dinner" with his boss and assorted other big shots last Friday night, and I managed to make a total idiot of myself. I'm not a heavy drinker (and never drank beer in my life until my sister bought this "beer only" bar!) but once every 6 months or so I really tie one on. Where my brain was Friday night, I'll never know, but I chose dinner with Darrel's boss to do it. It was at a little local "club" and it was karaoke night (thank God I didn't sing, at least!) and by late in the night all of our table of 20 or so had left except Darrel, John (one of Darrel's oldest friends and a guy he works with), me, and Wayne (Darrel's boss). The four of us were beyond shit faced and at one point I was dancing (not a pretty sight in itself) with Wayne. The next thing I know I'm flat on the dance floor and Wayne is desperately trying to pick me up and get me to stand on 2 wobbely legs in high heels. Everyone insists Wayne just laughed it off, but I'm totally mortified and don't think I"ll be able to look Wayne in the eye for a long, long, time. See, Brandy - I've BECOME one of those stupid drunk stories I'm always telling! Saturday and Sunday were spent recovering from my stupidity and swearing I'm never drinking again.
I actually went to the Easter page you posted, B. I find it amusing that all our "religious" holidays are based on pagan holidays. Historians have proved Jesus was born in June or July (that's when ancient records show the census was taken) but we celebrate it in December because that's when "pagans" celebrated the winter solstice.
Well, for the first time in 5 days it is going to be above 54 degrees out (a balmy 72 today), so I think I'll go commune with mother nature and try to accomplish cleaning out my "eBay" house. If I'm going to an auction Saturday I need to make room for all the crap ...er...treasures...I'll be toting home. (Needless to say, didn't make it to the "big" auction last Saturday, due to the worst hangover in history.) But, the one this Saturday looks promising. You all have a glorious day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home